SWITCH TECHNOLOGY is an optimized dual-link design that utilizes an eccentric mechanism that switches direction as the bike moves through its travel. Built into a compact assembly, the eccentric creates a micro-link that continuously repositions the lower pivot of the swing arm, allowing us to create a suspension system with no compromises.
Efficient pedaling. At the beginning of the travel the eccentric link is rotating in a rearward direction, guiding the lower pivot of the swing arm rearward. This counter-clockwise motion coupled with the initial rearward wheel path creates an excellent pedaling platform, making the SB-66 pedal and climb crisply without sacrificing small bump sensitivity.
Responsive mid-stroke. The flat linear shape of the leverage ratio coupled with Switch Technology allows the bike suspension to be more responsive, especially in the mid-stroke of the travel. This essentially creates a larger "sweet spot", keeping the rider higher in the travel throughout that portion and allowing the suspension to react better to bigger hits. There are no unexpected spikes or wallows so cornering and jumping feel comfortable and consistent throughout the travel.
Continuous travel. Once the SB-66 reaches the inflection point (about 100mm into the travel), the eccentric link starts to rotate in the forward (clockwise) direction. This means the rate at which the chain stay grows [dCSL] drops off quickly, allowing the suspension to work independently of chain forces and pedal feedback. Because the suspension isn't being impeded by chain growth in the last third of the travel, the smooth feel in the middle of the stroke continues all the way to the full compression without a harsh bottom out feeling.
- Travel: 6.00" (152mm)
- Weight: 7.0 lbs (3.17 kg) - Medium size
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Colours: Black, White, Lime, Turquoise
- Rear Shock: Fox CTD Adjust (8.5" eye-to-eye x 2.5" stroke)
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm shell
- Rear Wheel: 135mm spacing QR/142mm spacing - 12mm axle
- Front Derailleur: direct mount
- Seatpost: 30.9mm diameter
- Switch Technology patent pending suspension system
- Fully sealed eccentric system
- Oversized pivot pins with Enduro Max bearings
- Splined BB shell accepts removable ISCG03 or ISCG05 tabs
- Tapered inset head tube (44mm/56mm)
- Dropouts 10x135mm QR or 12x142 Thru-Axle (upgrade)
- Post mount rear brake tab
- Internal cable routing on rear triangle
- Custom chain slap guards
- Cable stops for height adjustable seat posts
- Direct mount front derailleur
*** Size and Colour subject to availability and will be confirmed via email. ***
*** Delivery may take between 3-6 weeks. ***