Introducing the Mojo SL-R. We started from scratch and did a full reboot. Everything is new.
The Mojo gave way to the Mojo SL which led to the Mojo HD. What we learned from the continual development of all those bikes was combined, and the result is the Mojo SL-R.
The Mojo SL-R uses an entirely new molding technology. We start by molding a sacrificial mandrel in exactly the shape that we want the inside of the frame to be. That becomes the 3D template for the bladder that holds all the carbon preform before it’s laid into the mold. This allows the lay-up to be done in one piece, with no joints anywhere. The result is a more precise lay-up that eliminates the need for additional foam or filler to mold the complex shapes. What that means for you is a lighter and stronger frame. When you compare the SL-R to the Mojo HD, it’s between 80-90% of the HD’s stiffness in every measurement, yet with a frame weight of under five pounds.
The Mojo SL-R: a phenomenally light, startlingly stiff trail bike.
Features of the Mojo SL-R Carbon
- 140mm rear wheel travel, dw-link suspension
- Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
- 2013 Fox Float CTD Boost Valve with Trail Adjust, Kashima coating rear shock
- Compatible with the new tapered steerer standard: 1 1/28th hidden upper, 1.5 traditional lower (ZS44/28.6|EC49/40)
- Cane Creek AngleSet compatible, so the head angle can go down to 67.5º
- Mojo HD style cable routing with new molded carbon cable stops and provisions for cable-actuated adjustable seat posts
- Compatible with the Mojo HD downtube cable rock guard (not included)
- The new direct mount front derailleur provides increased compatibility with 2 x 10 drivetrains
- BB92/Press GXP style integrated BB is lighter and stiffer and better for molding
- Carbon fiber post-mount rear brake mounts
- 142mm Maxle rear axle provides high axle stiffness with QR ease of wheel removal and installation
- The new chain suck plate has more coverage
- Geometry is unchanged from the Mojo SL but now has AngleSet compatibility for head angle adjustability
- Titanium fasteners abound
- Links interchangeable with Mojo SL links
- Target weight for the frame is ~5.2 pounds (2358g) for a large matte clear with Kashima CTD
- Complete bike with XTR in size large 22.4lbs
*** Size and Colour subject to availability and will be confirmed via email. ***
*** Delivery may take between 3-6 weeks. ***